November has been a bitter sweet month over the last couple of years. I love fall--the colors, the smells, the sweater weather. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. And, it's a month of remembering hard times for my family. Grief is a slow and long process.
I received some sad news about HoneyRock last night. Two amazing leaders who have had significant influence in my life have been laid off from their positions. The graduate program (of which I was a part of last year) has been canceled. I am sad for the Suttons and the Shepsons. I am sad that other grad students will not have the opportunity to experience community life at HoneyRock. I am sad that HoneyRock is changing. My sadness is mixed with some anger towards the change too. But, I'm trying to remember that God has a purpose for HoneyRock even though it may be different than what I want it to be. HE is the Solid Rock of my beloved home in the Northwoods.
Pray with me for these families that are affected. Pray for us former HoneyRockers--that we will not let bitterness and anger overcome us. Pray that we will hope for a future that will bring many souls into Christ's Kingdom.
I hate to give you all whiplash with the change of theme in this post...but I wanted to share the progress of my support raising. I find this as a positive update. I have 30.75% of the start-up expenses ($1,854 out of 6,000) and 5.54% of my monthly pledges ($167.50 out of 3,000). I also have at least 11 committed individuals who are supporting me in prayer. There are some good things happening here. Thanks so much for being on my team!!!!!!!
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome News!!
I'll be seeing you soon!
WOOHOO!
Post a Comment