Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Christmas season is in full swing at my department store. I'm surprised that I haven't been overwhelmed by the commercialism like I was when I worked at the Christian bookstore last year. That was a terrible experience that I plan to never experience again. Working for a secular company has been surprisingly uplifting. I have had some amazing opportunities to serve my co-workers and the customers who come in. I've even had some spiritual discussions with one of my friends there.

I have started making plans for moving back to Wheaton. Looks like I will leave here on the 1st of Jan. to make the 11 hour trek to Chicago-land. Then, the next day I board a bus from Wheaton College to HoneyRock for 2 weeks. I'm desperately in need of some play time in the snow and catching up with my friends Meg and Andrea. I'll be helping out with some winter retreat programming and probably some kitchen duty. Lots and lots of dishes....and cross-country skiing.

When I am done at HoneyRock, I'll be making my new home with David and Aimee Walford in their new home in Wheaton. David and Aimee were fellow HoneyRockers with me last year. They have so generously volunteered their home to me until I leave for Japan. I'm sooooo excited about living near my good friends, church, etc. Nicole's getting married in March. RJ and Jeff's baby is coming in March. I'm going to be involved in a new ministry at Christ Community. It's going to be a busy spring!

No comments: