Sunday, December 09, 2007
thoughts on Mary
Mary’s reply to the Angel about the news that turned her world topsy-turvy has been ringing in my ears for a while. I am amazed by her faith and courage to face certain uncertainties. In some of my English classes, we have been studying the Nativity Story in small chunks over the last month. I’ve been trying to imagine what it would be like to hear this story for the first time; it’s a beautiful story. It’s a story that becomes more and more real to me as I experience life in all its fullness-joy, sadness, doubt, fear, anxiety. It’s a story that I can’t explain. It’s a mystery that makes me shake my head in wonderment of a God who would choose humility as a tiny baby born under strange circumstances and eventual humiliation on a cross. It’s a mystery. I don’t understand it, but I lift up my head and agree that, Yes, nothing is impossible with God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment