Saturday, February 16, 2008

karaoke English lesson

I've met two wonderful ladies who I have begun meeting with for an informal time of English conversation over dinner. Tonight we ate great food at a local restaurant. The hostess (owner?) was really excited to have me there and kept saying how cute I was. She said I was "coquettish" and looked like Meg Ryan! My friends told her I was Christian and she crossed herself catholic style!! So funny! When I wanted to take her picture, she asked "hug? hug?" YES! OF COURSE!! It was so refreshing to meet a Japanese person who was so friendly and outgoing.


We ate sushi and some other things I never care to try again! This is a picture of the head cavity of a crab. They told me it was the ground up guts of the crab. My response after the first and only bite:
"No thank you!" The crab head is on the left and shrimp head is on the right. I don't mind the shrimp so much, but I don't like it looking at me with the beady, black eyes!

After dinner, we went to karaoke place because I have been dying to go since I got here. We certainly won't be winning American Idol this season, but it was SOOOO much fun.

I haven't laughed like this in a long time. おもしろかった! (It was fun!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh mille i miss you!

Marie said...

you are cute like meg ryan- Karaoke- it is what binds us all together....