This has been the subject of so many of my thoughts lately. I'm living and ministering here at HoneyRock, in the northwoods of Wisconsin, but I'm ready (or at least I think I am) to be in Japan. For a long time I've had problems with "burning my bridges too quickly." A friend told me to pay attention to these times. What's going on in my surroundings? How's my soul faring? Am I neglecting any part of me that would cause me to jump deck so soon? In a way, this time of unrest has been reaffirming the new direction that my life is taking. I never would have dreamed that I would be a missionary in Japan! Camp ministry has been my world for so long. My wandering toes seem to be God's confirming that it's okay to leave behind 10 summers of camp to go on to something new. So many possibilities.
And still, Jesus did command his disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the gift that was promised to them in the Holy Spirit. This summer holds a purpose for me; I have something to receive yet. I must not charge on recklessly and miss the full gift that has been set aside for me. So, I will be faithful to the calling on ministering at HoneyRock this summer. One day at a time.
Saturday, June 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww. Waiting! The favorite word of a Missionary.
Millie, know that each day that you are ministering at the camp is more experience and sculpting that God is giving you to make your ministry in Japan more effective.
Post a Comment