Monday, September 19, 2005

Thirsty for real connection

I just returned yesterday from a wedding in North Carolina. My friends Kevin and Maria (of the HoneyRock clan) married at a beautiful spot in the mountains. It was so nice to be back with some fellow HoneyRockers for a short time, and to be in such a beautiful place was an added comfort.

The inevitable question of "How's it going, living with your parents?" came and I was relieved to find that I hadn't forgotten how to share my thoughts and feelings. (It is going pretty well, by the way. No knock-out scream fests yet...) I was reminded that I am made for connecting with people and when it's not there, I wilt like a bunch of thirsty tulips.

It has been a bit lonely, moving from an intense community of intentional people, to a small family from whom I have been detached for so long. I've been fighting tendencies of extreme laziness and feelings of uselessness due to being unemployed and having too much time on my hands. The things that need to get done just aren't happening.

It's a tricky spot I'm in, but God is much bigger--of this I'm certain.

So, yes Andrea. Blog's just might be for the single and unemployed. But, you'll never know it if you don't read it. ;)

No comments: