Another late night of internet surfing has led me to a new (to me) artist who I think Kevin Sutton and little Derek would like: Jonatha Brooke. She's a mix of Shaun Colvin and Sara Groves, two of my favs and I'm impressed. Take note: www.jonathabrooke.com
Nothing too new here to report since the last posts. Life here in the south if slow. It's an interesting place to be on this journey. Sometimes you're sprinting, sometimes you're pacing yourself and sometimes you're just ambling along.
One of my friends works out of her home and I heard recently that she dresses up everyday as if she was going to a regular office building. I thought, "Well, that's just silly! What a waste of time and effort! Who cares?!" But, as I sit in a peanut butter smeared t-shirt, I reconsider this. I could use some of her motivation!
Where's the dignity in your life's work if you can't put on some clean pants?
I've caught myself embarrased to tell those I meet that I live with my parents. I don't want to come across as the sterotypical freeloading, unemployed, unshowered slob. My parents really couldn't be more gracious. There's something about coming back home that causes a person to digress from the natural process of maturation. I know that I can't be the easiest person to live with all the time. Sometimes I feel like I am emotionally fifteen years old, only I'm trapped in the body of an older model that's found some bumps and bruises along the way.
By the way, I'm not wearing a peanut butter smeared t-shirt. It's ice cream.
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment