Monday, October 03, 2005

Looking forward to spring already!

Just returned from a weekend in Wheaton. So many things on my mind now.
The most exciting is that Nicole and Neile (HoneyRock friends) got engaged this weekend!!! So great! We're all gearing up for a March wedding.

I was blessed to be with my friends this weekend and to hear the wonderful story of how the proposal was pulled off. I love those people!

And, this is why I have so many things on my mind now.

My pastor in Wheaton has offered for me to live in her basement, rent-free for an extended length of time. It's quite a generous offer that I am not able to ignore. I also learned this weekend that I will most likely not be leaving in March as I've originally hoped. It looks like the process for attaining a visa is taking longer this year; in order for me to leave in March, I would need to have the majority of my money by the end of this month. I know that God can do amazing things, and I'm not doubting that He will. But it does appear as if March will not be my month for departing to Japan. I can't say that I'm too sad, as a wedding will be happening that I wouldn't miss for anything.

So, keep reading. I might be moving back to Chicago soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man oh man it was good to see you this weekend! I of course would more than love it if you came back to Chicago. I miss our times of "running away". Love you!

Kari said...

Millie!!
I have not been in good contact with you. So where are you at with suppot now? Did you know htat I raised $1000 in monthly support in less than a month to get my visa in time!?
Well let me know how things are going a little more. I am so sad that you won't be here in March! But, hey God knows what He is doing.