Saturday, February 10, 2007

for my Mom

Shortly after arriving, my mom was permanently laid-off of her job. This is a mixed blessing because she was having to drive so long everyday to Nashville and back to Clarksville. The obvious downside is that she has no job. We've had some good catching up time with lots of furniture moving, trips to Kroger, finding the local library and celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday.


Mom could use your prayers for this uncertain time. Unemployment doesn't necessary give anyone a morale boost! I'm thankful that God brought me here just in time. We're trying to get healthy and whole together, and the mutual encouragement has been just the right thing for me and for her too. Pray that I will find the best way to love my Dad. It's a hard thing to do since he has become a complete stranger to me in the last 4 years.


Yes, indeed God does have a plan for us. A plan to prosper us and NOT to harm us. A plan of HOPE and future. He will not despise a humble heart poured out before him.


Continue to bend my will to Yours, Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just spent a few minutes catching up on the infamous millie michael. you're in my thoughts...

Kari said...

Millie,
I am praying for you and your family. Time with mom is so speical and important. God so knows what you need. My mom had a super hard time with me being so far away fo rhte first year. Things got better as the years went on, but I know she is really excited to have be back for a little while.
Treasure your time with your family!!
When I get back let's talk more often! I want to be there for you more than I have been.
Love ya,
Kari

Marie said...

Millie!

You are in the prayers of CCC. Greg reminded us to keep praying for you this Sunday, but I don't need reminding. We miss you a lot. I am glad that you and your mom can be such a mutual encouragement to each other and that you can rest in God's love. I've been reading some books that I think you might find interesting, I'll e mail you the titles. We'll pray for you at prayer meeting tonight. Have you been watching LOST?