
This picture is from yet another farewell party today. These are my favorite people in Japan. This is the cafe where
Asako and I eat lunch every Monday. I love it. It's so homey for me because it's full of American antiques for sale. This is the same place where I found the amazing
penguin salt and pepper shakers last year. These ladies have become my family and I love them! At one point, I thought I should be bawling my eyes out, but the tears haven't come just yet. I think I'm too tired to cry. It's been almost a month of non-stop final trips, final dinners, final everything and I'm emotionally and physically spent. I know all the things I should be feeling, but I feel numb to it all. I hope that's not
dissatisfying for my friends and students. I hope I don't come across as unaffected or that I'm itching to get out of here.
No comments:
Post a Comment