A couple of nights ago I got a call from Okinawa, Japan. Mike Wilson who is a career missionary there with Asian Access called me to encourage me and to give me an update of what's happening. I'm compelled more than ever to be there!
Asian Access helps Japanese pastors and churches plant new Japanese churches by using a "reproduction" strategy. Without going into all the details, churches in a region are put together in "Networks." Recently 7 pastors in Okinawa met with Asian Access missionaries to say that they were ready to plant new churches of their own!!! This is the official beginning of the Okinawa Network II. Mike also told me that there are only 2 missionary units available at this point to help those 7 pastors. Japan needs missionaries!! There are some amazing stories of the Faithful in Japan rising up, but they need help.
Something else that is compelling me is from the Joshua Project ministry. This is a ministry dedicated to praying for the salvation of the world. They have a lot of information on their website, lots of numbers and stats that make my head spin. BUT, what I did take away from a quick perusal is this:
Japan is the highest populated nation with the most unreached people in the world!!!
Here's the link if you want to take a look yourself:
http://www.joshuaproject.net/unreached.php
Even when I have a discouraging day of learning the Japanese language, I can not ignore this call!
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad that Mike called you! We do need you Millie! Japan needs you! The Okinawa II Network sound really amazing! I can't wait to go and visit Okinawa this year.(My oldest sister and her family are moving to Okinawa in September!)I hope that this is a continued encouragment to you as you study and raise support.
Post a Comment