Monday, April 28, 2008

a fun day

Last Sunday, I spent the afternoon hanging out with some Japanese teenagers and my new friend Amber. She's teaching English in Tarumi too, but at a different church. She just moved here about a month ago and we are both thanking God for answering our prayers for friendship.

These girls were so much fun to be with. They both love speaking English. When we met up with Saori, she said "I'm so exciting!" This common English mistake makes me smile every time!

We went to the aquarium where I saw the biggest stingray in my entire life. At the dolphin show, I was impressed yet again with Japanese ingenuity. The first 4 rows of benches were a blue color, so we figured out those were the seats to sit in if we wanted to get splashed by the dolphins. This aquarium took it another step and offered people in those seats plastic tarps to protect themselves from the water. I think I was more entertained by watching the people duck for cover.


Another Japanese concept that would be a great idea to have in the States: Purikura. These are photos booths on crack. Seriously. Remember those old black and white strips with 4 or 5 photos? This takes that concept to the extreme. Computer technology never ceases to amaze me. After you take your pictures in the booth, you go to the computer screen and decorate your photos. It's hard to explain; maybe I'll take you on a video tour sometime. Or better yet, come to Japan and experience it with me! :)

No comments: