For a while now I've been putting together a monthly event for our "young" people in our church. They're all girls in junior high. They've been slowly getting used to having me around and even smile at me now! Big steps! During our "Young Time" events, we usually play a game or make a craft, have a short Bible lesson (translated, of course) and eat some snacks.
Here's February:



I remember doing something like this when I was in Kindergarten. The girls really got in to it and did a great job!

The, Chocolate FONDUE! This little one really loved the
marshmallows!

We talked about language and how we communicate with people. I used an object lesson by teaching the American sign language alphabet. Then, I talked about how God's love was communicated with no words at all, but with Jesus dying on the cross for us.
It was a good day. I pray that these times at the church will stay with these girls for a long time. Someday, when they are searching for meaning in their lives, I pray they remember the
church and the Bible and the zany American who loved Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment