Preaching tomorrow--please pray. I have this dry coughing thing going on that's really annoying.
FUNNY story! Did you know that Baskin Robbins in Japan is called "satay wan" (say it really fast and you'll understand why). Last night, one of my students took everyones order for their favorites, promising to bring a feast of ice cream next week from Baskin Robbins. My phantom gall bladder is crying for mercy even now! Anyway...during our Bible study section of the lesson, we were reading about the temptations of Jesus. We read about Satan tempting Jesus to turn the stone into bread. I asked my students, "What do you think it means that man cannot live on bread alone?" Right away, my comedian of the class, takes off her glasses and says with confidence "We need ice cream!" I could not stop laughing! YES, we need ice cream--but we sure couldn't live off of it 24/7! Believe me, I've tried it!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for your prayers! The coughing went away! The allergies are still annoying but it didn't affect the message!
okay, you can steal the Monday humor idea, but you can't have it on Monday because I have already claimed that day of the week for humor :-)
Post a Comment