My farmer is a weathered old man with haggard teeth and brown hands. He wears a very Japanese style hat and has a smile which, because of those wild teeth, you can't help but smile back. He asked me last week several questions, but the only one I could understand was "Where are you from?" I look forward to my simple interactions with him every week when I leave the church.You can see the mud in the picture above, but you can't see any green sludge, which is what I saw today. It made me think about how life is. Despite the mucky, nasty appearance of the rice field, there will be a harvest of beautiful, clean and delicious white rice in the fall. It made me thankful, once again, for the redemption process that we have as sons and daughters of the Most High King.
I'll see about getting some pictures posted of this place the Lord used today to remind me of His ongoing work in my life. It was a much needed lesson, as I'm looking around and seeing more muck than I'd like. Yes, God can and WILL use everything for His glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment