Today was my last day of work as a barista at Borders. It was bittersweet to leave: bitter because I feel like I've made some friends there and sweet because I'm happy to be moving on to the next chapter of my life.
I will be flying to Colorado Springs tomorrow for a training seminar for 2 weeks. It's called "PILAT," meaning Program in LanguageAcquisition Techniques put on by Mission Training International. This seminar will help me to learn what skills I need to have to learn Japanese effectively and quickly, as well as how to teach English to my Japanese friends I have yet to meetin Japan. Here's a link to the website. This program came highly recommended by Asian Access with many positive reports from missionaries attending different programs there.
http://www.mti.org/pilat.htm
I'm looking forward to this time to focus on what is to come, to quiet my heart and mind before the Lord and to dream about what waits around the corner without the pressure of attending to the details of moving to a new country. I promise: no major planning for the next two weeks!!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Millie, still need to catch up with you! But until I can, know I'm praying for you! Have fun in Colorado!
Post a Comment